Sunday, June 1, 2008
Congratulations Eichelbergers!
Last night we witnessed the marriage of our dear friends, Brian and Lisa! I found my heart tugged at their self-written vows. I was so amazed by sweet Lisa when she looked Brian in the eye and with a soft voice told him that she is afraid of how intensely he will hurt her, but that she still chooses to become his wife. She promised among many things, that she would be a peacemaker in their home. These aren't the typical wedding vows, but having been married myself for almost two years, I know the truth of pain in a marriage. I know what it is like to be marred by your spouse. But by God's grace, we make the choice to love and the choice to forgive. When I chose to become Thadd's wife, I chose to love and forgive him no matter the offense, and no matter how often he commits the offense! It was a great conviction to begin anew and break the strings I have attached to my love for Thadd. Teto, you are a wonderful husband, fabulous friend, and a terrific father. I love you for all that you are, and all that you are not, and all that you are to become. Jesus we thank you for the joys and the tears of marriage! We know it is a beautiful gift when you are the center. We lift up this new couple in the journey they have before them of making their vows a reality in their daily lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
in tears a little - can't wait to see you!!!!!
Post a Comment