Thursday, July 24, 2008

Requested art...

Okay, girls, I love you, trust you, and this is me being vulnerable for you...enjoy!



These were a gift for a girlfriend's baby's room! It was so fun to do this for you, Jen! They were a set of three, all being a little unique inside the oval and hung by beautiful sage satin bows!


This is the painting I gave Thaddeaus for Father's Day. Can you believe I was able to keep this hidden from him in our tiny apartment?! I know it is not so masculine, but he loves it anyways! It looks great in our bedroom. Biggest canvas I could find! I want to do more this size for sure.


I just can't get this painting out of my mind. Ever since I had the idea for it I have thought about it daily. The giant raindrop could easily be mistaken for a "modern moon" or something, but to me it is so special. I wanted the roots to stand out because they mean everything to the grass...as long as they receive the rain. As I've spent so much time thinking about this piece, I've been asking God what gets me so about it. I think His answer is simple, and super complex.....provision.
I don't know what I need. I sure know my wants and whine and worry over them often, but I don't fully understand my needs. I only know that they aren't fully met. I know that I long for so much more, that I need more. Do I just need more sunshine and blessing? Do I just need trial by storm to prove my strength? Do I just need rain so my roots can grow to a deeper understanding of Him and finally "get it"?
God knows what to give me.
But I still wonder at His provision. And as I do, I will thank Him for the sunshine, the storms and the rain. And pray that he will water the deepest part of me and bring life to these roots he created.

6 comments:

Annie said...

Those are absolutely beautiful, you are very talented my friend! Now I am definitely going to have to take you up on your offer.

~Annie

lauren said...

i love them, love them, love them!! the one for thad is probably my favorite. simple and modern and amazing!

and isn't it amazing when God totally inspires a work of art? i had that once with stained glass... four windows with the background being four seasons. and a tree in the foreground that doesn't change... because it's planted by the stream. inspired by psalm 1. now if i could just have the space to get back into stained glass, i would do it!

Jessi said...

THESE.ARE.BEAUTIFUL. you are really really really talented.

travisandmarcy said...

What a gift God has given you in both vision and execution of your ideas. I'm definitely going to have to commission some work, dear friend!!

Lexi said...

Ohmigoodness! I LOVE these! I am sorry it took me so long to check your blog to see them! You have a gift - I LOVE the raindrop picture and the explanation is profound! Thadd is a blessed man to have such a talented wife to decorate his home with her work! I would love to get in the line up to have you commission a piece of art for our home!

kalle said...

you are so good! I LOVE the one with the branches. sell them! except not to me, just give me one:)