I was just steaming some squash so I could put it in the food-processor for Silas as he naps, and I was catching up on reading some blogs (everyone is obsessed with "google-whack" it seems, so of course I tried it) Well, when I went to turn off the stove, the sweet delicious butternut squash smelled like chlorine. Sick! I was trying to figure out how this could be and if I couldshould still give it to my baby...so I annihilated it in Cuisinart and realized with relief, that the dishwasher is whirring away behind me! Great! The dishes are getting soapy and my squash is just fine. Those moments make me feel like such a great housewife...not the chlorine part, but the fact that I have multiple appliances going at once AND the house is clean AND the baby is sleeping?!
Multi-tasking and having all the rooms in my home in line. It feels so good, so good! Also, I finished the projects I had been working on for baby Beckham- my nephew-on-the-way, and I have had a little time to read and I love James Frey. You can all keep your own opinions, or keep Oprah's opinions, but I think he writes great books and I'm not praising him as a person but as a writer. A really gifted writer. I'm reading Bright Shiny Morning. His books are different that what I normally read which is usually something written by a Christian author, just because that is usually safe and I can enjoy a love story or any story and trust it will be clean-ish. Well, Frey is not so clean-ish, but it's life and it sounds so familiar and it makes me cry and smile.
Anyways, Silas is getting his first tooth! However, he is less cranky-drooly-snotty-biting-
as he has been in the past producing no teeth so this is weird but great! I just was tickling him and he was laughing with his mouth wide open and I saw two buds! They feel very close to cutting through but Si is still happy as a clam. Lord...this would be great, a happy teething toddler?! Say it is so!
3 comments:
1. LOVE you
2. LOVE james frey
3. you're an amazing housewife, I feel very inspired by you & you spur me on to be a better prov 31 woman daily. mean that.
4. LOVE silas and his little tooth. I can't wait to tell him that I knew him when he was all gums:)
I occasionally read your blog via Jessi's and I thought I'd tell you that I have a little boy who will be 2 in October & he has a full set of teeth and none along the way did anything to him other than a runny nose and little fever. He was a trooper and it was easy as pie. So, it is possible and I hope little Silas (I hope I spelled his name correctly) is the same way!
PS - He's ADORABLE!
hey hot mama! You are looking beautiful and he is looking so handsome!
Good job on keeping your house in order!!!!!! I'll let you know when it happens to me :)
Love you guys, wish i could see you more!
Post a Comment