Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Oh My! it's been a while.

We have some pretty awesome friends who gifted us their Mariners tickets for today's game! And wow...the seats were incredible! What could possibly be better than a free Mariners game on a Sunday afternoon- complete with family and kettle corn?! THE VIP PARKING!!! Talk about living the life of luxury! I felt so blessed to have this type of experience with little, actually, with no hassle! Silas could not have been better. We were at the game for his entire afternoon nap, which he did not get to take, but he just relaxed and smiled at all the other fans and held me tight when everyone erupted in cheering...which happened a LOT because we got 8 whole home runs and won the game!!! We played great today! It has been a while...and I can't say that we have been at all interested in the Mariners for the last few years, but this was sweet, and my favorite new guy (maybe he's been in Seattle for 5 years, I don't know, but he's new to me) his name is Rauuuuuuuuul!!! and that was fun. I learned a couple other things about the 2008 team, the pitcher's name is Felix, the lady behind us helped everyone get that point. And, the fact that everyone in Seattle is still in love with Ichiro. The top was on the stadium since "it's raining all day...it's raining all day" as Ethan pointed out in the car...loudly...but only for about 10 minutes. Anyways, it was very fun to be there with the Flicks, all of us getting more and more excited for Beckham's anticipated arrival, which will be sooo soon!

But my all-time favorite thing today, was the painted hallway with MY 1995 Mariner Champions! I am still proud and often brag about that fantastic season, and yes I do own my own copy (VHS) of My Oh My! I admit to being super tomboy and being obsessed with these guys. (You Gotta Love These Guys!- VHS 1996 season...own that too...uh...) Granted, that was 13 years ago and I was 9, and I knew all the stats and Joey Cora was my fave. How could he not have been?! Laura, today, was dreaming about that same past in which she came to games holding the "marry me A-rod" signs.... we were very different kids! And we THANK GOD have come a long way!

So, we have one grandpa rooting very strongly for little Si's future to be wrapped up in this American pastime. And Thadd and his brothers were all very gifted in the sport. I have to say football is way more fun...but if my future consists of badminton games and Oboe concerts, this love will not shift. I might just have to muffle a giggle once in a while. But for now, Silas likes baseball, at least his baseball rattle and his first baseball game.

Did I mention that he loved Randy and Griffy?! :)

No comments: