Dear Bolder,
You are the sparkle in my eye and the pep in my step. Your dashing smile makes me- and anyone else privledged to come into contact with you- just swoon.
You are tall and skinny, ridiculously muscular, and your feet should be about half the size they actually are. Your four front top teeth are working their way in and I’m mourning your cute gums, but delighting pretty hard in the adorable new smile they produce!
There is a constant debate concerning your hair. One week you are undoubtedly a red head. The next, it is totally blonde- and then back again. It is keeping us on our toes to be sure! ;) Either way, it's fine, silky, and smells like Burt's Bees.
Your favorite toy is a plastic orange hammer- second favorite is a matching screwdriver. You are such a boy! And Lord help the brother who comes between you and your hammer!!!
When I am getting ready to feed you, you start panicking like it just can’t happen soon enough or I’m tricking you or something. I was so embarrassed of this your first couple months but now I love it- it’s your signature! And you stop the moment you get what you wantJ
I’m getting proud of your bravery. I must admit I was hoping you’d be one to take things slow and think before you act and just sit quiet, chunky and content to be still. But you didn’t get the memo. Apparently you have to save face around Silas, and I think that’s why you are racing to grow up as fast as you can. You have impeccable balance for someone your age and rarely fall down- this you get from dad.
You are a true extrovert- this comes from mama. Honest, nobody can imagine you unhappy. This is hilarious because the first months of your life you screamed like there was no tomorrow…all.the.time…unless we were at a party. When there are people around to flirt, joke, or play with, you are completely content. You are the world’s cutest party animal! I can hardly keep up with you;)
If you could choose between ice cream or a banana, I’m pretty sure you’d pick the banana. You really don’t care for baby food, unless I’ve made it- you think I’m an excellent chef! ;) But mostly you want to feed yourself and you do so with one foot propped up on the tray of your high chair- too cute for words.
We have five chickens and you could watch them for hours. Actually, any wild life snags your attention and keeps it. I literally have to snap you out of your critter-induced stupor. Oh wait, you look at your big bro with the same focus and awe!
For some reason you find it extremely important to be in my arms for the better part of any day. I find it extremely important as well.
My absolute favorite thing you do- and always have done- is wrap your arm around my chin with your hand on my cheek. I don’t know how to describe that I guess, but I’ll never forget the way your skinny little arm and strong, soft hand feels against my face.
I love you, son.
No comments:
Post a Comment