It may seem too late to post about last weekend. However, Thadd was asked/begged to lead worship at Mars Hill Eastside this Sunday very last minute and has been on the computer a LOT compiling arrangements, recording demos and communicating with his band. Fine with me since I'm not much of an internet savvy surfer, but I really have not had the time to do anything but check my emails...hence the "better late than never" update on our Hood adventure!
After a great breakfast with dear Jessi, Elias and Glory and a fabulous hair cut and color (pink! just highlights-don't be freakin!), we took off to our grandparent's cabin on Hood Canal. Since I HAD to get my hair done, we definitely got a late start, which meant rush hour. On a Friday. Traffic galore. We weren't thrilled to be stopped for so long but each time I got frustrated I just looked in the mirror at my new do and the joy lasted me for about a mile. Then I had to peek again! Yep! Still pink! Still smiling! Anyways, the drive was beautiful once we were along the canal. Always is. We pulled in, greeted the fam, and rushed to unload the car and set up the tent, set up the pack and play IN the tent (yeeaah...), and feed our angel before it got too dark.
Back at last to our favorite spot! The point of the weekend was to work to repair the damage caused be the flooding last November. It was a fun time, a hard time, and apparently Silas thought it was anything but naptime. As a mama that makes for a crazy stressful time. No naps in three days. GREAT!
We got to celebrate sweet Ethan's 2nd Birthday with all the party essentials, and wake up Sunday to a lovely Mother's Day. My First. When I woke up first thing I found a cute card on my pillow. I could hardly open my eyes but I forced myself to because I could hardly wait to read the awesome card Thadd got for me. It was precious. It was really a great day to just spend time with Silas. Holding him, rocking him, feeding him and laughing with him. We got to walk on the beach and play in the tent! So fun to experience the Hood with Si. I really enjoyed taking care of him there as I always do. Lord THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for making me a mother. This job could not be more rewarding. I love my son.
Welcome to the Hood, Shnooks! May there be many more adventures...I can't wait to watch you grow up and learn to love all the wonders of Hood Canal! Long live. Thanks T & B!
1 comment:
Thadd and band did a good job on 6 days notice :-)
Post a Comment