Six months ago I stood over my 1 day old son, crying over him screaming in his bili-box at the hospital. First time mama, unable to console my baby boy.
Today was much the same. Screaming child. Crying mama. We had an evening, me and Si. My ears are still ringing and my eyes are still rolling. Tonight as I was bringing Silas into his room for bed, I said, "Little man, these next 20 years are going to be quite a battle between you and I, huh, crazy child!?!"
I had recently accepted the fact that I indeed married the most stubborn person on the planet. (though my dad would say Thadd married the most stubborn person on the planet) Today I accept the fact that I gave birth to the MOST stubborn person on the planet!
Don't let the angel with the eyebrows fool you...he is very much a Wight.
2 comments:
ohhhh sad. i'm sorry it was a long day. i hope harley comes out like john. and less like me. because i give people hell.
even though he was screaming, i bet he was still so cute..
heres some encouragement: once my sister was telling me we should love when our kids are stubborn. later on in life we're going to want them to be tenacious & not take crap. we're going to want them to stand by what they believe in & hold strong to what they know. so love that he's stubborn and not a little wuss. :)
Post a Comment