Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Where the stars and stipes and the eagles soar...



4th of July was a riot at the Hood! Silas braved the canal waters with us and was a trooper in his life jacket...his complaining was minimal and our giggles hysterical. Lots of fun. We also had a major upgrade in the housing department and got to use my dad's great new-ish tent that is actually waterproof instead of the ancient green poop tent. Lavish living...we were thrilled! Spacious and dry...I could go on and on.

I love America..... and fireworks! My bro-in-laws brought quite a stash and spent a while lighting fuses as we ooood and awwwwwd at their brilliance or for some, the lack there of. Thadd astounded a 10000 mile radius with the explosion of his m80- that was fun! But Silas would have none of it. I woke him up so that he could enjoy the show...to no avail. Despite the brightness and the constant cracks and booms, he limped out in my arms and snoozed on through. Maybe
next year?!

Bocce ball tournaments were held throughout the weekend, with Luke taking home victory in the singles round (I was a close second...uncle Dave was keepin it real in the cellar, and Thadd and Jeff kindof got pwned-too cocky perhaps?) Thadd and Dave prevailed, however, in team doubles, whooping up on the other boys. Yay baby!

Jill the Birthday Queen's 17 years were celebrated with cake and festivities and a fine series of name game to finish the evening after Hoodsport showed their stuff in a spectacular grand finale of fireworks. Still couldn't pass up JDVerde and his prize winner. I frequented the puzzle table with sisters-of course, Thadd frequented the fishing boat-of course, and Silas was content to watch and admire all his cousins being cool while he crawled around like a crazy pants. It was a blast chilling with the kids. I am so proud of all of them.

Praise Jesus for a free country bursting with LIFE, LIBERTY and the pursuit of SO MUCH HAPPINESS! God bless America, land that I love.


1 comment:

Candice Clem said...

marilee!!! i'm sitting here with Chrisse! She's my sister in law, did you know that?

xoxoxo