We got to spend a whole week down in Cannon Beach, Oregon, with my whole family. Such a good time! We studied The Revelation at the conference center there and did all sorts of amazing things. We played tennis, baseball, mini-golf, foosball, pool tournaments, ping-pong, basketball, a carnival, puzzles, sand sculpture contest, bumper cars, tilt-a-whirl, carosel, skim boarding, kite-flying, beach bumming, we did it all! And to top it off, a run on the beach with Thadd. We celebrated Tim Myre, my awesome dad, for his Birthday on the 21st, and his RETIREMENT from teaching Elementary school PE for the past 30 years. We are so proud of him. All in all, it was a fantastic time bonding with all three of my sisters, my parents, my brother-in-laws, my niece, my nephews, my husband, my son, and Erica! It was the best time and we are so thankful we got to go.
A big highlight for me was the 2008 Passat we rented for the drive down. I'm not that embarrassed to admit that I thought I was THE coolest mom/wife/hot babe ever in my sexy car. No offence to Turbo, my ancient dying volvo, but driving that VW was something else, a little like heaven. I felt like a celebrity getting into the car with my sweet new sunglasses and my handsome hubby in the driver's seat. And...maybe I pretended I really was a celebrity...if not the Queen.
Anyhow, there is nothing I love more than the beach. The sand between my toes, the smell of sunscreen, the white crash of the waves disrupting the deep blue of the ocean, abandoned flip-flops, scorching sun, warm coastal breeze.....But I just found something even better...... those big blue eyes under his sun hat, wide and amazed, enjoying the great Pacific, the wonder of the waves, and the sand between his toes.
Welcome Silas! Thank you God for the beach!
No comments:
Post a Comment