Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Dog On My Face

Last night was hard. I won't complain, I'll just explain. I do know that I have a very blessed sleep schedule and that isn't so common with a babe in the house. However, this was redic!

So Boof had a really rough night...has to be working on some more teeth, even when I nursed him he was unhappy and needed coaxing and as much comfort as a mama can muster for the young love of her life. Poor buddy! Anyways, he would wake up yelling and crying, we'd go get him trying to console him, then resort to food. Finally I nursed him to peace and rest and began the transfer- out of our bed with him on my shoulder, back into Silas' room, and into the crib...DANG! He is usually more than thrilled to be placed back into bed with a full belly and all his nigh-nighs, but this night was just too sad to think about leaving the mom. He immediately stood up with the saddest face streaked with tons of tears, and reached for me like his life depended on it. I rescued him and literally 1 second later he was sleeping on my shoulder again. Pat pat pat rock rock rock...shhhhhh...try again. Same story! Saddest face. Back in my arms. OUT COLD! And again...to no avail. No matter how long I waited.

Solution! Grabbing a nigh-nigh and Dog (The Bounty Hunter-although Thadd calls him Woof Woof -just a cute stuffed animal that Si is obcessed with-yay! It's a cute one this month!) We sauntered back to bed and I got to sleep with my baby, blankets, and Dog. This was really precious because Silas has not been interested in relaxing with me all that much anymore, he has to be playing with my hair and talking. I guess he thought my hair looked so good that he didn't need to pull it;) (see our new haircuts below!) But he just snuggled right in. Of course there is a perfect spot waiting for him in the crook of my arm, it will always be there and he will always fit just right. Then he reaches down, grabs Dog, and pulls him close to his face...which also means, my face. Which means, I'm now laughing. There's a dog on my face. I am finding a beautiful rest, finally, with the Man and the Boy that I love more than words. More than life.

Sometimes happiness means sleeping with a dog on your face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH LITTLE GUY!!!!!!

You look great!!!!! He looks so handsome!