Monday, October 27, 2008

The verrrrry short of it...

So it's been a while, but we are all still alive and well!

Reasons for not blogging? A few.

We have moved twice this month. I suppose. There was a 10 day sleepover with family in between, not sure what that would be considered. Very fun, and very very hectic!

I haven't blogged about any of this yet, because I am so sick of it all still. The short of it all, is that the "culinary aroma" at our apartment, turned out to be a mold problem. Nasty!!!!! We were so mad! All three of us were allergic and miserable. We painted everything with mold resistant paint, bleached everything again and again. Pulled up the carpets to take care of the problem...to no avail. It was bad. So, Thadd, being the loving protector he is of our little unit, decided that after 2 weeks of living there, we were out. Wherever to, the goal was for us all to be breathing when we woke up each morning. We stayed with my parents some nights and at the Greens some nights. They were all sooooo gracious! It was tough, though. It's tough to know you are intruding on their space and time. Tougher, still, to be a stay at home mama with no home. This meant, lots of leeway for Mr. Bear, but I know this confusion was really difficult for him too. Anyways, after looking into a few apartments, we took my grandparents up on their offer to rent out their basement. We came to talk about it and made a lease agreement, and now...we are living on the lake! WOW!!! This is way better than we bargained for. Also, it's way more spacious here. I just laughed as I literally tossed all of our stuff back into boxes. It only took me 2 hours to pack 20+ boxes. I am a pro! (I had finished unpacking our final box the day before we first left. And I only cooked about 4 dinners total there.) The main thing we have learned is that we aren't home here. We were created for Heaven. God is sure a good thing to lean on! So, apparently the Lord saw that we needed a giant slice of Humble Pie. And then another. Now, with hopefully little to no complaining, we will continue to eat it. Thank you Jesus for the roof over our head, the mold-free air we are breathing, and the view out our window! (pic to come!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's crazy that you noted you are not a citizen here. We figured out the same thing yesterday. A good thought is it is like we are traveling but instead of 2 weeks out of our country we get around for about 75+ years. Then we get to be home. So in retrospect we can't complain about our accomodations or taxes ect. because truly we are just visiting and it is no time compared to eternity. I am so sorry for the mold! I know Mark Hicks used to work for a mold getter ridder company. It is easy to not "see" but very hard to actually get rid of.

Anonymous said...

WOW! what a month! i'm glad you guys are safe now, with a nice view. WHEN are we going to get together! ;)