Silas has been sporting his "I voted" sticker all day! He was a trooper at the polls...I suppose... he just sat on my hip playing with my lip gloss and trying to knock down my booth. But I filled in all the right circles and am praying for my heart and all the heavy hearts out there, to be silenced and stilled and rest in the perfect peace and will of God. He is just, and may our prayers be abounding in praise of Him and seeking His greatest glory...whatever the outcome.
Past, present and future is His, not ours, not Americas, and not the World's. Remember, this is a short season here on Earth. Soon we will be with our Father in Heaven, and eternity will be perfect as God designed. Until then, tomorrow this will be over, Lord willing, and I hope we can all come back together and keep serving our Jesus however that looks. All the while, continuing practice of eternal praise. God is good. Breathe it in and just say "thank you Lord, my heart's still yours, your will be done."
That said, lets talk about this past weekend!
We had a great time with halloween! We were proud parents to the stinkiest little skunk! Silas was adorable in his costume, compliments of ebay, and the festivities were just as fun and amusing as dressing little man up! Silas and I went to a kids party this week hosted by my ladybug niece and spider nephew! Lots of amazing children and loving mothers. Hilarious games galore, and a ridiculous amount of candy corn everywhere! My sister went above and beyond and the party was truly great! Then on Halloween, we tricked and treated our way to both sets of grandparents homes, took too many pictures, and went to a friends house for a "baby boo-fest!" Tons of amazing food, professional photography, finger painting and footprints, pumpkin creations and great friends! Peter Pan, Dread Pirate James and a Curious George look-alike were fun little party animals! Our precious stinker was the oldest, maybe not wisest of the bunch, but he tried teaching the younger boys a thing or two about growing up. They weren't so impressed. Did I mention there was a ton of good food?! Well done Kim and Jay- we had a great evening!
Also this weekend, we celebrated my mom's birthday and my brother-in-law's birthday! We all just love to party! We wish a blessed year on you both!
In other news, my son has been free standing all on his own. I don't know what it is about living here but he is physically progressing like a nutzo! He climbs up and down the stairs too! At almost 11 months, my sweetie is actually putting on some weight as well! I've still to this day not seen another human eat like that child. I wanted to take a picture of his dinner last night because his whole tray was piled with avocados and ground beef! He ate this after fried snap peas and cereal bars. Then ate some of my dinner and drank a bottle of goat milk, and THEN breast milk. All was consumed after 7pm. This is ONE meal people! Silas is destined to eat us out of house and home. Or just eat our house and home. And he is still so tiny! I'll blog soon about all his new words. Growing up so fast. It would be sad if it wasn't so fun!
Okay, back to CNN for us all! I'm watching my first crock pot creation fail to actually cook, so it will be good to have the distraction until dinner is served- at this rate- around 2am. Sorry Thadd! I think it's also time to reheat my free drip coffee from Starbucks! Who, of course were accused of discrimination, so whether you voted or not, or have proof or not, head down to the favorite and enjoy your freebee!
2 comments:
I have never seen a baby or a child for that matter, eat as much as Silas can in one meal. We love him!
Your words are so beautiful!
Post a Comment