Wednesday, November 12, 2008

That's actually not your daddy...

When Silas hears any sounds coming from the direction of our door, he points to it, looks up at me with a huge smile, and says "da-daa". It is one of the sweetest things in my day! I love how he adores his daddy and looks forward to his arrival with the same joy and anticipation that I do. It breaks my heart when it's just a noise from upstairs and he continues to watch the door in expectation of his best man coming to play and "get" him. Oh sweet boy! That is actually not your daddy...

Well, yesterday while Silas was eating his lunch in his high chair, I thought I could doodle ideas for future paintings. The TV was on so I switched through the channels to find a show for Si. I found something for me instead. It was just a joke for myself in my painting aspirations- I laughed as I settled on "The Joy of Painting". Half a second later, Silas is pointing to the TV and saying "da-da!" I could have died! No, Bob Ross is not my baby's daddy, but there may be an obvious similarity between the two! It was awesome and I could not stop laughing! He was convinced and it was priceless. Oh sweet boy! Praise the Lord, that is actually not your daddy...


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok seriously that is the cutest thing I have ever heard. God willing, when we get a house I would love to have you paint soemthign for us :) I could totally pay for your materials, and maybe a little something for you too :) Let me know what you think!

Pinkie Winkie said...

LOL! Caleb was sure the Brawny man on the paper towel package was his daddy so I always bought it. It made him happy to hold his daddy through the store! :)

christy said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!! ha ha ha ha ha! lol! This is THE FUNNIEST thing ever! Oh. My. Gosh. I have no words. none. I'm laughing so hard I can't even type. I love Si Si!

Annie said...

HI-LAR-IOUS

Nick said...

I love Bob Ross. How can you not? He spent his whole life painting 'happy trees'. If you are going to paint trees...they better be happy ones.

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest thing ever!!!

jasonbradley said...

That is VERY funny. The resemblance is striking!