Monday, March 2, 2009

Review of 22

Here is a list of twenty two things I didn't expect this past year to hold but all have changed, surprised, or enlightened me.

1. God is enough.
2. Lost 65 pounds after having Silas. It is possible if your body actually works!
3. Move 4 times. (in a week or two that number will be 5)
4. Send one of my babes to heaven.
5. Become a friend to some of the greatest.
6. Fall in love with painting.
7. I have dreams bigger than should be allowed. I will not stop.
8. Started a blog...
9. Found a cute one piece swim suit. This is an actual miracle.
10. Experienced more joys of boyhood than I knew existed!
11. Started cleaning houses for money, and liked it.
12. Gain back about 30 of the pounds I had lost. I blame most of that on the pregnancy.
13. Play Halo on xbox. I was planning on keeping that secret but I love it, don't judge me.
14. The joy of the Lord really is my strength.
15. Learned that Craigslist was designed for our family.
16. Accepted that maybe the gifts God instilled in me are just as important as seemingly more important gifts in others.
17. You can live off a lot less than you'd think.
18. I actually do like white wine better than red. I look down on myself. You can too.
19. Being called mama is sweeter than anything else in the world. Hands down.
20. Finally admit that I am allergic to everything and that I'm blind as a bat. So I'm an absolute nerd.
21. I discovered that there one good reason to drive to Puyallup.
22. Telling Thadd what I need is not only helpful, but vital to both our sanity.

I am 23 today. I will celebrate and be glad for my blessings. Glad for the growth in my life. Glad to serve the God who makes it all possible and gives and takes away. I am glad to be me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find #9?
What are some good buys you have found on Craigs list, I am about to become an avid fan. Amen to #17. Amen to #18 and I am ashamed. Well what about #21? Happy Birthday! Sorry to miss...

lauren said...

you are so beautiful! and i'm not talking about the picture (although that's true, too!). lots of love on your birthday! and where are you moving to? and when can you come over and play? wednesday?

Jessi said...

this is my favorite list. I love you so much epoops. I hope on your 23 list, number 23 is that you never thought you'd move to boston, but look at that - you did!

just kidding, i love you girl.

Pinkie Winkie said...

Happy Birthday! What an amazing list! I'm so blessed to call you my friend! Hugs!

Lauren said...

i love this so much. i am so thankful that i know you.