The Wight house is moving.
About 5 minutes away.
We are excited for the change, with the right amount of mourning over the home we have loved so much these past 2 years. It won't be that bad, the new place is a whopping 500 sq.ft! Only half the size as what we have now! There are popcorn ceilings that have retained every asian inspired meal that has been cooked in the past 50 years and smells anything but delightful, and we will be sharing a room with Silas- yikes. But there are great things too. Like...saving hundreds of dollars on rent, sinking toes into carpeting this winter instead of the cold hardwoods we have throughout the house now. When it comes time to clean up, there will be nothing to clean because there is no space to bring excess "stuff" into the new apartment. We are closer to church and the YMCA- (so I have to join.) And imagine our electricity bill! It's basically going to be free. And in order to squeeze into the kitchen to open the fridge, whose doors open the wrong way, you have to weigh about 75 lbs. That will be great since we are trying to get pregnant, so I guess I can't gain too much weight. By 5 months I am going to have to climb over the counter to get around the fridge door. So I'll get my exercise in! And since we won't be within walking distance to downtown, I won't feel guilty or lazy driving.
And did I mention saving hundreds of dollars on rent??!!??!!
All joking aside, oh wait, I wasn't joking... but I think it will be sweet for our little family to figure this out. Living in such close proximity could be really great for us. It feels good to be selling things we don't need/can't use there. And our dear friends are letting us store boxes at their house! I am excited to embrace the challenge of keeping things simple...which will be a very complex task! Today we hope to paint the ceilings and maybe the walls and maybe shampoo the carpets. Maybe we are crazy. Maybe I don't care. Still trying everything possible to minimize the fragrance of the space, and any and all ideas are welcome, though we've probably already tried it. And to all my friends...I apologize for being so absent lately, I miss you all dearly and am excited for things to chill out a bit.
Well, back to packing and planning! We are excited to attend a parenting conference at Mars Hill this weekend lead by Paul Tripp, an excellent author and man of God. We pray that the experience will teach Thadd and myself how to better shepherd, love and lead our babies. Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
AIR FRESHENING PLANTS!!
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE7DD1138F930A25751C0A962958260
Let me know if you guys need help moving!
Sounds fun! :)
If the smell is really bad, I would seal it before painting with Kilz primer. That will cover up any odor. Seriously!
See you at the conference.
I second the Kilz primer. We helped friends clean up a house they were remodeling where the previous owner and smoked for like 40 years. The walls, ceilings, bricks, cabinets - everything was covered in smut. Kilz did a a great job and it's amazing how much a few cans of paint can change a space!
where are you moving to?
sounds like you are moving closer to the Acones! hooray!
are you craigslisting your stuff? or ebaying? give me the link so i can shop! :)
Post a Comment