You may be 1, but you are still my baby.
You can eat your first cupcake at your party, as long as you still lean over to kiss me with your frosting lips!
You can learn your wobbly walk, as long as you end up collapsing on me with your arms around my neck.
You can go ahead and learn all your new words, as long as you keep babbling away to me while we drive in the car together.
You can dance to different rhythms and genres like a gangster, but make sure you still raise your hands to Jesus in worship at church.
You can read your books as you rock in your chair, but I love it most when you choose my lap- you're welcome there, always!
You can eat your massive amounts of food, like it's the last meal you will see in a week, but you must still widen your eyes, bounce, and grunt and laugh when I offer you one of your favorites.
You can grow big and finally receive compliments on your size, as long as I still get to hold you without breaking my back.
You can become strong enough to walk alone, but I hope you still let me carry you in the dark and as you sleep.
You can find other toys, buddies, maybe even a lady, as long as you still love and confide in me.
You can do what little boys do, sweet child! You can go ahead and grow up...because no matter the years, your age, your height, or the fade of my memories, you are still just my baby. And I love you too much! Happy Birthday Little Love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Si! I'm so sad to have missed his awesome party! And I love this sweet blog. You have to print it out and put it in his baby book!
Post a Comment